Thursday, November 29, 2012


The Embassy Theatre, where the premiere was. Sigh.


The quarry where the Helm's Deep and Minas Tirith sets were built. Surprisingly, it's right on the highway where anyone driving by could see what was happening.


Imagine Gandalf riding up to Isengard.


And then conferring with Saruman in the garden. That's our tour guide, Tid. I think it's really Ted, but he said it was Tid. Kiwis!


Really?


Really!


Look, I'm famous!


OK, I know it doesn't look like much. The plot is actually rather small, and the removed all the plants for filming, kept them in a greenhouse then replaced them all when filming was done. So the Rivendell site just looks like a bit of 'bush' now. It's still pretty darn cool.

Blogger's not letting me add any more pics, so I'll do another post of this tour tomorrow.

No comments: