Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sorry for the long lag between posts - I was hit with a double whammy of a bad fall which injured my back and a bad case of food poisoning. I ended up at Urgent Care Sunday night, and spent the next three days throwing up and taking pain killers. I ventured out today to the last day of the Hobbit Artisan Market, but I didn't take my camera along. I missed my premiere party and I'm currently missing the Red Carpet walk at the actual Premiere, but I am feeling much better now - just don't have enough energy for fighting the crowds or standing for hours on the street.

I do have a movie location tour booked for tomorrow, so I'll try to have pictures posted for you from that in a day or two.

Frodo and I did make it to the attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the most sandcastles built in an hour, held Sunday morning at beautiful Lyall Bay.


Frodo was allowed to sit on the big castle built by Weta - he had a good time and is being a very good sport about having to sit in the hotel room for days on end. I promise him he'll get out tomorrow and have a better time than we've been having.

The trip to Urgent Care was surprisingly inexpensive, although the drugs were a bit overpriced - but very competent. I was in and out in a bit over an hour, which I don't think would have been the norm in the States. Another guest at the hotel, Maria, was kind enough to accompany me - there are angels everywhere!

No comments: